Due to expansion of the Fire Division ClearView are looking for a strong Quantity Surveyor to join the team, whom has experience in working in the construction industry for a main contractor or sub contractor within a variety of projects including new buildings, conversion within commercial or residential premises. The role will be office and/or site based with one day a week working from home.
Job Purpose: Responsible for the management of project costs to improve value for money and increase profitability whilst meeting the required standards and quality for clients and to maintain processes ensuring all relevant certifications and regulations are adhered to.
job role details
Main Duties and responsibilities
- Visit new sites to undertake site surveys to produce quotes and schedules of work to ensure the correct resources, products and sub contractors are allocated to each project.
- Complete all relevant documentation for Passive Fire and Fire Door tenders.
- Work with the wider Passive Fire Team, Sub contractors and supply chain to ensure projects are delivered on time and within planned budget.
- Pricing additional and variation works.
- Use BORIS and Bolster to maintain and manage forecast with actual values, jobs, costings, reports and close down completed jobs for payments.
- Raising instructions to subcontractors following procurement and manage their costs.
- Order and manage physical resources in support of upcoming jobs.
- Issue IFC certificates and create invoices for payment in support of certificates.
- Identify any issues or disputes in a timely manner to initiate early and effective solutions.
- Managing commercial issues related to withheld, disputed or disallowed costs.
- Maintain Continue Professional Development in all areas of Passive Fire Protection.
- Undertake any additional duties that may be required for the organisation success.
job role requirements
- HND equivalent or higher in Surveying or Construction.
- Data driven with excellent numeracy skills and attention to detail.
- Pro-active and customer focused with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to deploy diplomacy skills when required.
- Experience in working in the construction industry either Commercial or Residential.
- Salary £40,000 – £55,000 d.o.e.
- 22 days holiday with company closure during Christmas week and all Bank Holidays
- Private Medical Insurance with Spouse and/or Family optional benefit
- Death in Service up to 3 times salary
- Pension 5%, plus 3% contribution from ClearView Communications
- External Employee Assistant Programme with internal certified Mental Health First Aiders.
This role will require Security Clearance and the offer of employment will be dependent on this being passed to the relevant level.
If you have the required skills and experience, and are looking for an exciting opportunity to develop your career in the passive fire industry, we encourage you to apply for this position. We offer a dynamic and supportive working environment, competitive compensation and benefits, and opportunities for professional growth and development. Don’t miss your chance to join our team – apply today!
Ask a Question
Use this if you are contacting us about the role for the first time.