ClearView has provided a CCTV upgrade to over 30 sites, installing and maintaining the CCTV throughout Wickford, Basildon, and Billericay.
As per The Safer Basildon Partnership, Basildon Borough’s own community safety partnership (CSP), the Council operates a Public Space CCTV system that records CCTV footage 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, from camera locations in town centres and across the Borough. This partnership aims to improve the lives of residents by reducing crime and disorder, tackling anti-social behaviour and reducing re-offending.
The Council required higher resolution cameras and ongoing preventative maintenance so the cameras were always in complete working order. On takeover, it was apparent that the wireless links would also need replacing to ensure the system was operating reliably and performing to the required standard. The main objectives of the Council’s Public Space CCTV operations are to:
- Help reduce the fear of crime
- Help deter and detect crime
- Enhance community safety
- Assist with traffic management
- Assist in support of any civil proceedings
- Discourage anti-social behaviour, including alcohol and drug-related issues
Before conducting a complete site survey, the Council provided a list of camera locations and quantities. This list highlighted key areas that required CCTV; however, we have since installed cameras at additional sites, continually upgrading the system.
Original Public space CCTV locations in Basildon Borough:
- Basildon Town Centre – 18 CCTV cameras
- Billericay Town Centre – 9 CCTV cameras
- Wickford Town Centre – 6 CCTV cameras
- Gloucester Park, Basildon – 2 CCTV cameras
- Lake Meadows, Billericay – 1 CCTV camera
- Norsey Wood, Billericay – 2 CCTV Cameras
- Wat Tyler Country Park – 17 CCTV Cameras
- Felmores Shops, Pitsea, Basildon – 4 CCTV cameras
- Northlands Park, Pitsea, Basildon – 7 CCTV cameras
- Wickford Memorial Park – 6 CCTV cameras
- Whitmore Way, Basildon – 16 CCTV cameras
- Triangle Shops, Laindon, Basildon – 7 CCTV cameras
- Chalvedon Shops, Pitsea, Basildon – 7 CCTV camera
We upgraded and installed a Hikvision CCTV system for the Council, which can be viewed from the Basildon Centre security control room.
We upgraded old wireless links to Ubiquiti, drastically improving the wireless network’s performance.
CCTV signs have been put up around the Borough to prevent criminal activity. ClearView continues to work with Basildon Borough Council, carrying out planned preventative CCTV maintenance, to ensure the Safer Basildon Partnership’s vision of “Working together to make Basildon a Safer Place” is met.
“Clearview was awarded a 36 month maintenance contract and has delivered on their tender documentation. Clearview has some very knowledgeable members of staff concerning CCTV and the IT/software of the infrastructure. The contract management is well supported with a good service desk, lead engineer and contract manager, and there is usually daily contact. Quotes and queries are answered very promptly.
There is a service level agreement (SLA) for producing quotes. Clearview consistently achieves 100% in this area of the contract. I have also found the Out of Hours process good, with helpful assistance available at weekends and after office hours. Clearview provided Basildon Council with a detailed dilapidation report which will assist in future budget modelling and continue to provide detailed reports from PPM and reactive works. All reactive maintenance is tended to promptly, and the installation works have all been managed effectively.
I recommend Clearview to other potential clients for CCTV matters and use them again for future work.”
Ric Crossland, CCTV Manager, Basildon Borough Council.