“The Aretea” Oil Tanker – Objective: Marine CCTV security
Requirement – Marine grade, explosion-proof CCTV
The vessel had a number of requirements, including:
- Ability to monitor the CCTV on board and onshore
- Marine-grade, explosion-proof CCTV camera units
- Powerline communication technology
The ClearView Solution
ClearView worked in partnership with Setel to provide a quick, efficient and cost-effective CCTV solution for “The Aretea”.
The CCTV system is comprised of cameras built specifically for marine environments. These features include:
- High-resolution colour images
- Varifocal zoom lens
- Explosion-proof rating for use in hazardous areas – ATEX certification II 2 G Ex d IIC T6
- Protection from heavy seas or powerful jets of water – IP66 rated
- Manufactured from stainless steel – AISI 316 L
The solution included the ability to monitor the CCTV. Both live images and recorded images are viewable onboard the ship and on-shore.
Powerline Communication – No cabling costs, no cabling installation
The CCTV system utilises powerline communications. Powerline communications enabled us to install the cameras without the need to supply or lay additional cabling. Our technology allows us to send IP data over existing power cables. This means that not only can you power your devices from one cable, but you can also control/retrieve data from it.
By utilising existing cables and by manufacturing all fixtures and fittings to the kit prior to it going to the site, we were able to install the system with two engineers in 1 day. As a result of powerline communication, there was no disruption to the daily operation of the vessel during installation.